Testosterone is a hormone produced by the testicles and is responsible for the proper development of male sexual characteristics. The influence of testosterone:
- Increasing and maintaining muscle mass and strength
- Stimulating and maintaining sexual function
- Bone strength and density
- Adequate levels of red blood cells
- A healthy sense of well-being
As you get older, your testosterone level gradually declines – typically every year after age 30. Men can experience many signs and symptoms as they age, and some may occur as a result of lower testosterone levels and can include:
- Changes in sexual function
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Physical changes
- Emotional changes
Do You Have Low-T?
Get a personal view of your signs and symptoms. Only you are aware of how you feel today as compared to the past. Are the changes you’re experiencing due to normal aging or are you a good candidate for testosterone replacement therapy? Complete this quick self-assessment and decide if a consultation and testosterone screening tests are right for you.
SELF-ASSESSMENT: Are You Experiencing Symptoms of Low-T?
- Do you find it more difficult to maintain or lose weight despite diet and/or exercise efforts? Are you experiencing an in-proportionate increase in abdominal/belly fat?
- Do you feel a decrease in strength and/or endurance and a growing sense of weakness?
- Are your normal activities increasingly resulting in muscle/joint pain and body aches/fatigue?
- Are you experiencing the need for more and more sleep and at the same time finding it harder to fall asleep, sleep through the night, achieve quality rest?
- Are you noticing a decline in your over-all sense of general well-being and the negative feeling of “not myself”?
- Are you feeling that life is “not as fun” and there’s less to get excited or look forward to?
- Are you bothered by things that previously did not impact your life and find that you have less patience are more irritable?
- Are you experiencing increased feelings of depression, panic or anxiousness?
- Are you noticing a decline in your ability concentrate or focus?
- Are you finding that you’re more forgetful and your memory is getting worse? Is your thinking less creative, inspired or dynamic?
- Have you given up on goals or find that you’re less driven to be successful at work and home?
- Are your professional/personal performances/efforts deteriorating with the feeling that you’re not as capable and getting less done?
- Are you feeling that you’ve passed your prime or you’re in decline after already peaked in life?
- Are you experiencing a decrease in sexual desire/libido or think of sex less often or feeling a loss in pleasure or excitement for your sex life?
- Are you experiencing a decrease in your ability to perform sexually or erections less strong or an increased need to focus for you to perform?