Testosterone is a hormone produced by the testicles and is responsible for the proper development of male sexual characteristics. The influence of testosterone:
- Increasing and maintaining muscle mass and strength
- Stimulating and maintaining sexual function
- Bone strength and density
- Adequate levels of red blood cells
- A healthy sense of well-being
As you get older, your testosterone level gradually declines – typically every year after age 30. Men can experience many signs and symptoms as they age, and some may occur as a result of lower testosterone levels and can include:
- Changes in sexual function
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Physical changes
- Emotional changes
Testosterone Health Questions:
- Do you have fatigue?
- Do you have a lack of drive?
- Do you lack initiative?
- Are you less assertive?
- Do you have a decline in your sense of wellbeing?
- Do you have depressed moods?
- Are you frequently irritable?
- Has your self-confidence declined?
- Do you find it difficult to set goals?
- Do you have a difficult time making decisions?
- Have you had a decline in your mental sharpness?
- Has your stamina and endurance lessened?
- Have you lost muscle mass, strength or tone?
- Have you gained body fat around your waist?
- Do you have elevated cholesterol?
- Do you have decreased libido?
- Has your sexual ability declined?
- Is it difficult to obtain or maintain an erection?
- Do you have sleep apnea?